Updated 8/26: Teams have been formed. However, there is still room in AA and in Juniors. Please reach out to the league if you are interested (expoernie <@>yahoo.com)
Fall Ball is designed to be fun, developmental, low-key, flexible, and fun! BRSLL supports kids playing multiple sports, and playing in fall ball is by no means a requirement for the spring. However, if you are looking for some extra baseball, or just want to keep your skills sharp while playing other fall sports, this may be for you.
Coaches will understand that this is an off-season program, and may not be everyone’s #1 activity. They are here to help kids develop. While game scores will be kept, there are no standings or championships. It’s all just for the fun of the game.
The number of teams we field this year will be very small as we are severely limited in field space. The registration system may initially put you on the wait-list, and then as we have room and a volunteer coach, we will pull kids off in groups of 12-14.
- There will be 1 game per week, mostly on Sundays but also on Saturday afternoons. There will be at most 1 practice per week, either on the Marina field or in one of our batting cages.
- We will be playing against teams from Foster City, San Mateo American, San Mateo National and San Bruno. Our “home” games will be in Foster City.
- The season will cost $135.
- Players will receive a BRS hat and uniform t-shirt, both to keep.
- Registration will close the beginning of August. (Or when the available teams are filled)
- Please note players will automatically be placed on a waitlist until teams are formed and filled.
We need volunteer managers and coaches to make this work!
We are looking to field teams in four divisions. Players should play in the division they HOPE to play next Spring. (Playing a division in Fall Ball will help you make that division in the spring, but spring placement is not a guarantee.)
- AA: Kids who have had at least one year of Farm and are planning to play AA next year. This division is a mix of kid-pitch and coach-pitch.
- AAA: Kids who have had at least one year of AA and are planning to play AAA next year. This division is kid-pitch.
- Majors: Kids who have had at least one year of AAA and are planning to play Majors next year.